September 29, 2008

Cold

Good lord, it only took a week for the temperature to fall from about 24 to about 17 C, or from about 75 to just over 60. I actually have to wear pants to bed and use my blankets for once. I`m happy to have the humidity gone, but I haven`t seen the sun in a couple of days and it`s a bit odd to see your breath in September...to me anyways. This SoCal kid is going to have an interesting winter.



In other news, me and a couple of American friends spent a night in the mountains bbq`ing, drinking and goofing around with about 45 Japanese kids, all connected by this guy in my taiko group. We played cards (friend taught them Kings, a drinking game), talked, ate (not enough, for me anyways), and just generally goofed off until about 4 in the morning. My buddy was a big hit with the ladies, and I managed to get a few laughs out of people, which always makes me happy. I`m hoping the longer I`m here, the more I get to do random stuff like this with people around my age. It`s nice to just talk to young people, especially girls, since the other JETs are mainly guys and I don`t see most of them much.



I also received my self-sent care package, full of jackets, books, shoes and Tapatio. The tapatio didn`t go over too well with the Japanese folks at the BBQ, but I know I was happy to see it. The jackets are coming in handy, but my big overcoat might not get used too much. This is more of a layers country, with temperature varying wildly between rooms and floors in my school, let alone buildings and inside vs. outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have enough Tapatio to last you? I can always send more!