November 4, 2008

Halloween Weekend

Friday - enkai with the Board of Education, other ALTs, and some teachers. It was at Tsubohachi, where every drinking party seems to be these days, and costed me a cool $40 to drink and eat almost to my heart's content. Unfortunately, I talk too much and didn't manage to quite fill up the way I was hoping. Drank plenty though. Went bowling afterwards with some of the ALTs and Japanese English teachers, and while I broke triple figures, our team lost by 4 pins and we had to buy juice for the other squad. I also fell asleep in my car around 10:30 thinking I could nap and drive to a bar. Woke up around 1:30 and headed indoors.

Saturday - Spent the day doing nothing...ate ramen, worked out, then waited for Gareth's epic Halloween bash in Yabu, a party attended by what had to be 75 people. I went as an old, fat, bald man with ridiculous eyebrows. There were some fantastic handmade costumes (a full Spongebob outfit, a Godzilla outfit, and perhaps best of all, a hand-dyed and painted Joker costume. Pretty creepy. Got drunk, took shots, danced, took goofy pictures, passed out at the base of the stairs, and woke up with a sore throat. Great times.


Sunday - Woke up, helped clean Gareth's house of empties, and went to grab ramen with JJ. Dropped him off, parked, decided I couldn't move and slept in my car for a couple of hours. Was woken up by Mark and Yoko and spent the whole day goofing around with them...took bento up to Takeda Castle, did purikura, ate yakiniku, then went FINALLY got into my house around 8 pm. A couple of friends dropped by until I had to leave for a friend's birthday karaoke party. Put my costume on for the 4th day in a row and sang karaoke for a couple of hours with the owner of a ramen shop at which I am a regular, some of is family and tons of other foreigners. His daughter is this quiet little thing, but sang Japanese death metal with lyrics unfit for repeating.

Monday - Woke up at 11, headed to Jusco at 12 to pick up supplies for the Ikuno BBQ held by organized by other JETs. Drove up with JJ, Meghan, and Mark and played frisbee, ate like 2 kilos of meat, and took some nice pictures of the surroundings before night fell at like 5 pm and we ended up getting out of there.

After heading back to Wadayama, we ended up at Joyfull for some unneeded calories before doing purikura and heading home. A LONG weekend in which I spent too much money, consumed way too many calories, and had way too much fun. I wish every weekend was like this.

No comments: