November 27, 2008

Trip to LA, highlights

Day 1: Landed 30 minutes early, got through customs in about 20 minutes, and was out the door before I was supposed to arrive. Went home with the parentals, had some bomb Peruvian seafood at Mario's, did the Costco, bank, shopping thing, picked up the tux, went to a BBQ joint and had tri-tip, baby backs, excellent chili and fries. Passed out after watching a single South Park episode, probably around 9 o clock.

Day 2: Bank again to deposit that lovely re-location check from our old apartment, headed into LA to meet up with LAUSD folks for lunch at Langer's. Mmm, pastrami. Hung out for a bit, headed back to my brother's apartment, got some Gears of War 2 in, then headed to Weiland's for happy hour. Drank, ate, and fell asleep at the bar by 10. Went back to bro's place, stayed up til about 4 playing video games.

Day 3: Met up with Ben in Pasadena, played some Guitar Hero, went to Roscoe's for some chicken and waffles...and syrup...and gravy. I still can't get over how good that combo tastes, or how bad it must be for me. We went to my brother's place to watch USC eventually dominate Stanford, Kat came by, and we had Chano's. After the game, headed back to LM and Aug and Rach came over to hang out and shoot the breeze. Can't remember the last time we did that...probably since HS. Re-packing begins.

Day 4: Wedding time! David was kind enough to drive me out there, along with his gf, and I got to see some people I hadn't seen in a while. Met Eddie's baby, shot the shit with the boys, danced with the girls, ate, drank beers, sang to Journey, and had a rockin' good time. Too bad it was so short. Got home, went for more Mexican at Molcasalsa and headed back to LA. Pulled an all-nighter playing Madden, and got ready to get on a plane.



Update on my airplane situation: got a $150 voucher. I figure that kind of makes up for the extra $50 bucks, plus 3 hours, plus exacerbation of a sore throat I got from walking around Japan at 1 in the morning.

No comments: