March 4, 2009

Care Package


So my mom sent me a pretty sweet care package last month and I thought I'd share it
Here's the contents:

  • Snowboard goggles (I bought them online and shipped them to LA...cheaper overall than buying in Japan)
  • 1 full set of thermals
  • 2 pairs of thick socks
  • 1 Taco Bell Beef Bowl (eaten)
  • 1 huge bag of mixed nuts
  • 1 small can of nacho cheese
  • 6 packs of 100 calorie beef jerky (eaten)
  • 1 cup of Easy Mac (eaten)
  • 12 corn tortillas (expired, but eaten)
  • 5 different kinds of Spanish/Mexican rice mix (2 eaten)
  • Taco Bell taco seasoning (used on ground pork and eaten)
  • 1 can Taco Bell refried beans
  • 1 can green chiles
  • 1 can Frito bean dip
  • 1 package instant refried black beans
I've been working on the food while trying to not let it dominate my diet. I've managed to eat fairly fresh since getting here, and have been keeping the processed foods to a minimum. That said, those first couple of tacos (more like enchiladas since I just put spanish rice and meat into tortillas) were awesome, especially with the Tapatio I got from my co-workers and the Filipino hot sauce from my buddy Mark.

BTW, that space that everything is on is basically my cooking area. To the left are 2 offset burners that are next to a wall, and to the right is my sink which is the end of my counter.

Edit: forgot to mention the egg clock. It's behind the goggles...sorry Danielle :)

4 comments:

Def Selector said...

I used to stock up on things like beans, pasta and good, grainy bread whenever I was home from Japan. Also, non-Japanese rice, like basamati or something, was great for a change up from the sticky stuff.

Danie T said...

dude, where is the egg clock???????? did she send that?!?! i'll be very angry if she didn't! also...are you going to cook for me when you get home? it looks so delicious! also, i think you can give dad a break by cooking for the fam occasionally. and i'll throw in some of my taco lentil soup occasionally. :P

Androo said...

@Def
Yeah, I'm not really planning on going back again for a while, but when I do, I'll be sure to bring back stuff like black beans or brown rice...too bad it's gonna weigh a ton!

@Danie
Edited the post, totally missed it because it's kind of obstructed in the picture. Also, most of this food wasn't super good because I'm usually only really thinking about how to get veggies in there. The meat stuff is kind of half-assed.

Danie T said...

isn't the egg clock AMAZING? it can tell time, the temp, and it's even a stopwatch, right? and you can change it by waving your hand over it and it wobbles but then doesn't fall over! :D totally awesome, right????? :D

p.s. do you ever drink sokenbicha? i remember thinking that stuff was gross when i first got to japan but then it was so delicious i wanted to buy it marukai when i got home..it was too expensive :P